Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas from Eggy and Scout

I’m off traveling to be with family for a few days, but if all goes as planned, it should be safe by the time this post pops up to share with you the Christmas gift I made for my dad. Yep, I tried my hand at making a blog book. I guess you can take the Eggy out of the publishing world, but you can never quite take the publishing world out of the Eggy.

If you’ve ever been tempted to turn your blog (or a portion of it) into a real, live, hold-in-your-hands book, Blog2Print aka Shared Book is pretty easy to work with and offers lots of ways to customize what you want to put into print. (Some work better than others.)

My dad has always been a big supporter of my blogging efforts, and it was the cross-country trip he led our family on in 1970 that made me want to go back and explore more of South Dakota last summer. So for the book I’ve dedicated to him, I selected just my posts from my 2011 vacation to S.D. And because I received so many wonderful comments from my bloggy friends about the trip, I chose to include comments to those posts as well. I don’t think my photos in the book look as good as they did online. But, hey, I did have a boatload of them :)

This link should take you to the flip-book version, in case you’re interested.

Happy holidays to all. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kindnesses, inspiration, and friendship during the past year. 2011 has been a year of unexpected good blogging karma from all corners. The universe works in mysterious ways, but I’m not discounting that Scout found his way back home after his walk-about/disappearance in part because so many of you were rooting for us to be reunited. Now, if Scout had recorded his journey, that would be a real scoop :)

5 comments:

chickory said...

Merry Christmas Eggy!! You are a wonderful stop in blogland-so glad I found you. Hug Scout for me, and i would have loved to have seen your flip book but it didnt load. Happy New Year!!

Stephie said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the best Eggy there is! [=
I swear though, those South Dakota pictures are beautiful and should be put into a geography book!

Jenny said...

Merry Christmas Eggy! What a lovely gift for your father. I'm sure it will be a hit. Scout looks like he knows he has a good life and wouldn't you love to know what he did during his absence?

Drive safe!

GrumpyGranny said...

Merry Christmas, Ms. Eggy! That is such a cool gift, I'll have to check out those sites. Quiet Christmas here, contemplating tofu. ;-)

Hope you have a warm and wonderful time with your family!

Cheers,
GG

Aunty Belle said...

What an awesome idea!!

Wow--may try this--

hope ya had a fantastic Christmas--that a warm glow is still hoverin' in the air.

But WE all know that Scout makin' it home is the best gift of all.