Sunday, January 2, 2011

The New Year's Blogapalooza Giveth!



Wow! Just wow! Boxer’s 36-hour virtual New Year’s party was easily the most fun I’ve had on NYE in many a year. Even better, the Blogapalooza is up to $1349.00 for charities! I am constantly inspired by the wit, warmth, and generosity of my blogger friends – and this just took it over the top!

My donation is going to the Cincinnati Freestore Foodbank, and after doing some liberally construed “Eggy math,” here’s what I’ve come up with.

I’m counting all comments on my blog posts from 12/29/10 through 1/1/11 that mentioned the ‘contribution-palooza, - a whopping 72 comments total – thanks, all! I’m also crediting an additional 16 comments over at Boxer’s place that said “Eggy Sent Me” and/or mentioned my virtual New Year’s brunch.

In addition to those comments at my promised 50 cents each, I’m kicking in $20 with big thanks to EACH of these fine bloggers:

$20 in honor of Velva from tomatoesonthevine for letting me share her excellent Pomegranate-Champagne Punch for my brunch – I know her fine beverage had many of you coming back for second and third helpings!

$20 in honor of Fishy, who kindly contributed this limerick about me and my brunch efforts over at Aunty Belle’s Word Game Emporium:

Top Eggy's brunch looks tres yummy
Really teasing this virtual tummy
With culinary feats galore,
And new drinkies to explore?
Woe that I'm home with my Honey !

$20 in honor of the lovely – and feisty – Aunty, who delights us all and decided to boost her donations by arm-rasslin’ Uncle and addin’ to her contributions by awarding Fishy a tie on the limerick contest.

That brings me to a total of $104 for the Cincinnati Freestore Foodbank. And because I flat ran out of time this weekend with my travels to the river, and putting up brunch for y’all (even if I might have somehow found my glue-gun and remembered how to work it), in lieu of a garland, I would like to kick in $20 for the award of “bravery and selflessness” going to Chickory’s young friend Heather and her foster-parenting efforts.

Huge thanks to Boxer, who got this ball rolling (racking up a monumental 324 comments for great causes), her blogger summit co-hosts Chickory and Moi, to everyone from around the world who made this happen, to old friends who showed up in their finery (including Karl and Buzz), and to new friends I have made this weekend. I am in awe of what we’ve accomplished, and I’m proud to be part of this community. I can’t think of a more inspiring way to start 2011. Now forgive me if I get misty-eyed watching Boxer’s video recap once again.

Thanks to all my remarkable, talented, quirky, effervescent, snarky, generous, kind, and inspiring friends in the blogosphere! May your new year be filled with good health, good eats, good times, and whatever your bloggy hearts desire!

eggy

18 comments:

chickory said...

eggy, you are eggtastic! I am so glad you were in it this weekend. Iloved your brunch and your sweet heart. thanks for throwing a twenty down on heathers behalf. i cant wait to surprise her with this..

job well done for your own foodbank. you know, i give some of my garden produce to the local food bank and they finally had to say "no more zucchini" grherhahhaaha

BIG happy new year to you, wonderful eggy.

Aunty Belle said...

WOW!! No kiddin'? Whata total, EGGY. I'sereal excited--hooray fer yore foodbank,

Thanky so much, Sweet Thang, fer yore generosity an fun' merry spirit. Besides, that wuz the most scrumptious shrimp an' grits I'se had in years.

Heh.

About the next NYE--oh brother, now we has ourselves for competition--we's a hard act to follow.

Buzz Kill said...

Next to Boxer I think you put the most effort into this party with your multiple blogs while being on the road - good planning and use of the auto launch. And you sure can cook. Thanks from all of us for your generous donations.

fishy said...

Awesome.
I'm touched and honored by your actions.
Blessings to a very good Egg.

Sharon Rudd said...

Chickie, you lift my spirits with your beautiful photos and artistry more than I can tell you. So glad you enjoyed "brunch." And I am more than happy to contribute to what Heather's already doing - just let me know how best to send the $.

Aunty, you set the bar mighty high and mighty fun - for this year and next :) Ding dang, sorry I was rushing around too much to try to keep up with the rest of y'all and yore word games. But your front porch is always a lovely spot to set a spell, reflect, and smile.

Buzzy, what kind words. I'm just glad that after almost a year of blogging (and photographing), I've got some archives to draw on. Besides, brunch is my favorite meal - and I can't think of a finer bunch of friends to share it with!

Sharon Rudd said...

Aww, Fishy, blessings to you too! I don't think anyone has every "limericked" me before (at least in my eggplant persona). I am most honored by your rhyming!

Jenny said...

I just feel bad I didn't get your charity into the final video. Thank you for all of your hard efforts and generosity with your time and $$$. It takes a village to pull off what we did and I'm proud that you wanted to join in.

Thank you! Thank you! I'd love to help clean up. I'm lousy with cooking, but fabulous with clean up.

xoxox

Sharon Rudd said...

Dear Boxer, I'm honored you included my brunch in your video; no problem that you didn't get my charity included - we all chose charities near and dear to our hearts, and that's great! I am uplifed to be part of this virtual village.

Thanks for your offer to help clean up, but fortunately, those archive brunch photos don't require much attention afterward :)

Blessings to you for getting this whole she-bang off the ground, and wishing you all the best in the New Year.

P.S. Do you ever go to Archie McPhee's?

Roses said...

Well done you and everyone who participated.

It was definitely fun.

Best way to see in the New Year.

Dani said...

Woooohooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Boulder Locavore said...

Very cool! Congratulations and cudos for the efforts.

moi said...

Awesome, blossom! I'm still running off that brunch :o)

BlazngScarlet said...

What an amazing feast! lol
Happy New Year to you & yours Eggy!

Chef Dennis Littley said...

What an eggcellent way to bring in the new year!! You are to be commended for this great cause. Every one needs to be more aware of the needs of their local food banks.
Keep up the good work!
Dennis

darkfoam said...

wow! that much money was raised? that's really something else. and let me say again .. what an amazing spread you had down there. i just might have to sneak a peak again .. :)

Joanne said...

What a super cool thing! You are awesome for getting involved in this!

Karl said...

Good evening Eggy,

Thanks for the great spread. I don't suppose there's any leftovers?

Magic of Spice said...

How exciting...wonderful job! Amazing way to bring in a New Year :)