Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Friday the 13th via Small Girl Delights


Today was a lucky day indeed for me, thanks to the talented Stephie Boertlein. In addition to being a friend, food blogger (at Small Girl Adventures), and frequent participant in the Culinary Smackdown, Stephie has launched her own catering business, Small Girl Delights. My office does a round-robin Friday morning Breakfast Club. So as my turn approached, I enlisted Stephie to provide today's treats. I should have snapped some photos before my co-workers devoured the spread she put on for us – because devour they did! Here are a few highlights.


In addition to her signature sugar cookies, always delicious and beautifully decorated (she also made some chocolate black cat cookies in honor of the day, which were gone in short order), Stephie provided spiced pumpkin and crumb cake muffins. She also had the brilliant idea of doing a "granola bar," with a gorgeous fruit plate of blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, grapes, and orange slices plus Greek yogurt and not one but two varieties of homemade granola.

Here's Granola #1, with oats, almonds, peanut butter, honey, and raisins.

And here's Granola #2, with oats, pumpkin seeds, pistachios, brown sugar, and cherries.

I received many compliments and thanks from my colleagues. I even got an email from a co-worker who doesn't participate in Breakfast Club but sits near the kitchenette where Stephie's breakfast treats were laid out. She told me she heard so many oohs and ahs that she had to check it out, and was most impressed. I encouraged her to sneak a taste:)

I hope your Friday the 13th has treated you as well as mine has. And if you're in search of a caterer in the Cincinnati area, I strongly recommend Small Girl Delights!

No comments: