Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cincinnati Pastry Chef Megan Ketover Premieres on Top Chef Wednesday Night


It’s been a crazy few days in my little bloggy world. First, I lucked into attending the filming of Travel Channel’s Man vs. Food Nation at Tom+Chee on Saturday, a very cool experience by itself. Then my post about host Adam Richman’s shoot at Tom+Chee (which turned out to be an “exclusive”) was linked by Cincinnati Enquirer TV columnist John Kieswetter, resulting in an astonishing 500+ hits for my little local blog, Eggplant To Go.

But that’s nothing compared to the media attention Cincinnati’s own Megan Ketover, pastry chef at Orchids at the Palm Court in the Hilton Netherland Plaza, is about to receive when she appears on Top Chef: Just Desserts, premiering at 10:00 p.m. on Bravo Wednesday night.

I had the opportunity to meet Megan and taste her amazing desserts a couple of weeks ago. If you missed it, you can find my post about her here. I’m part of the blogging team at AllTopChef.com, and we'll have have lots more Top Chef coverage to offer in the weeks to come.

Megan is a hometown talent any Cincinnati fan of Top Chef can be proud to root for. The Enquirer ran this article about Megan last weekend. and I hear Kieswetter has another planned for Wednesday. Meanwhile, here’s a  Q+A with Megan from Cincinnati Voices, another media source I’m happy to discover. If you're rooting for Megan Ketover or have more news, coverage, or just plain fan love for Megan Ketover, please let me know. I'm proud to be a home-town fan, and I'm confident that however she fares on Top Chef: Just Desserts, Megan has a bright future ahead of her!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Congrats for your great post and link. Well deserved. I liked the first show, still too many people to remember names but I'm going to back tonight to see who Megan is now that I know more about her.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

You have been a busy eggie. Lots of exciting stuff. Good luck to all. It must be loads of fun to be a part of the blogging team. Congratulations.
Sam